| The Director, Supply Network Planning, under the general guidance of Executive Director, Biologics Supply Planning, is accountable for development and ongoing effective and efficient execution of the following: |
A. GLOBAL SUPPLY PROCESS with the following specific process elements:
1. Global Supply Network Planning Process to develop a feasible Master Production Schedule (MPS) for all manufacturing sites both, internal sites and CMOs
2. Appropriate and robust integration with other global planning processes e.g. Demand, Inventory, S&OP
3. Appropriate and robust integration with other Mega processes e.g. New Products Launch Management Process
4. Create and maintain BMS capability to provide comprehensive information, analytics and visibility around Product Supply status to all cross functional stakeholders
5. Partner with Director, Pharmaceutical Supply Network Planning to ensure global alignment of SNP processes, systems, and talent training and development.
B. EXECUTION ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Lead the functional Supply Network Planning team to develop a feasible MPS (consensus with sites/CMOs) and driving compliance at all manufacturing sites
2. Consistently provide on target service levels by balancing supply and inventory levels at each node of the end-to-end, global supply chain
3. Escalate all major supply constraints to the respective forums for rapid resolution
4. Develop the capability to conduct: Supply Consensus, Supply Review, and S&OP
5. Accountable to run and ensure integrity of Supply Consensus and Supply Review processes in support of all levels of S&OP
6. Support Global Demand, Global Inventory, and S&OP Business Owners to develop Demand Consensus, Demand Review, New Product Review, Financial Reconciliation, and Management Business Review forums
C. LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF STAFF
1. Attract, retain, develop and engage Supply Network Planning , Biologic Supply Chain Product Leaders (SNPs)
2. Ensure culture of performance, collaboration, and accountability where individuals are valued, recognized, and aligned to the BMS Mission & GMS strategy.
3. Ensure alignment of SNP process to S&OP, OpU governance, Site and External Manufacturing processes.
• Develop the right functional organization structure and staffing plan to meet the functional, GMS and BMS objectives of cost, service and quality. Ensure the right person (talent) is doing the right work (key objectives) at the right time (priorities).
• Manage Global Supply Network Planning Process for assigned manufacturing sites and CMOs through leadership of a team of SNP professionals, including creation and maintenance of valid Master Production Schedules for assigned global manufacturing sites (internal and CMOs)
• Deploy the processes and forums to support the classical Sales & Operations Planning Process at local, regional and global levels. Also, managing the Supply Consensus/Supply Review processes, escalation and prioritization of supply responses around all issues and opportunities impacting customer service to stakeholder
• Through the Supply Network Planning team, actively participate and support the New Product Management teams and ensure that demand plans are optimally created and that supply plans are executed in support of the established timelines
• Develop strong relationships inside and outside the organization including market customers, Business Insights & Analytics, Finance, Commercial, Regulatory, Product/Supply Planners, and Customer Service representatives at manufacturing sites, distribution and support groups worldwide.
• Accountable for achieving Customer Service levels and inventory turns per agreed target levels at all nodes of the global supply chain. Jointly with internal site and external manufacturing management, accountable to optimize supply to minimize overall “cost to serve”
• In collaboration with Supply Chain Knowledge Management, actively work with the Site Supply Chain and External Manufacturing Supply Chain teams to develop the best practices in the planning areas including training and capabilities development
• Jointly with External manufacturing Group, actively support the Supplier Relationship Programs by providing collaborative, rolling, long term production requirements and supply performance metrics for joint planning engagements
• Define and implement and integrated supply strategy for the global supply network, including CMOs
• Actively support and jointly lead the implementation of a Supply Network Planning and S&OP support technology system (s)
• In conjunction with the rest of the GSC functional teams and GMS partners, ensure policies and procedures are in place which meet compliance requirements
• Assess the competency requirements and develop/implement the talent management plan for creating the competencies required for successfully meeting the functional objectives
• Continually assess and develop employee skill levels and performance via performance review, APICS participation and other leadership development programs
• Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the global practices where business is conducted.