Providence is calling a Tumor Registrar (Day Shift, 1.0FTE, 40 hours per week) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide timely and accurate complete abstracting and coding for our Tumor Registry Department.
- Assume responsibility for multiple registry assignments supporting the Cancer Committee Chair, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and medical staff.
- Prepare relevant reporting for the cancer committee.
- Perform Quality Assurance and enhancement studies.
- Prepares information for annual report and complies with American College of Surgeons Commission of Cancer Standards.
- Download data to Washington State Cancer Registry, National Cancer Data Base and Commission on Cancer.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- 2 years of Tumor Registry experience
- Proficient in word processing, Excel and Tumor Registry software
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Health Information Management (HIM)
Req ID: 150166