Providence is calling a Patient Care Partner to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
This is a 0.8 FTE, day shift position.
We are seeking a Patient Care Partner to provide nursing care and patient support services in a hospital unit under the supervision of the manager or the designated licensed staff. PCP's coordinate unit activities with ancillary departments and perform clerical/reception support for the unit and general support to patients and families under the supervision of the manager or designated licensed staff.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate consistent competency with treatments, procedures, and equipment appropriate to the age related considerations, clinical area and according to hospital/unit policy.
- Recognize limitations in own skills or knowledge and seeks help as demonstrated by obtaining assistance from appropriate resources.
- Explain procedures/equipment to patients/family.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond appropriately to clinical emergency situations.
- Properly use body mechanics and limitations when lifting, sitting, and standing.
- Follow for safe lift and transfer.
- Assist patient with safe exercise and stretching techniques; and assist with assembly / application/removal of traction devices; reporting problems/progress appropriately.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or the equivalent (GED or four years of work experience will substitute for the high school diploma).
- Nursing Assistant Certification.
- AHA BLS.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 151037