Providence is calling a Massage Therapist ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide a safe, effective and appropriate Sweedish massage services to clients, taking into account individual client''s physical or age-related needs.
- Perform health history on clients and updates prior to each session.
- Ascertain precautions/contradictions for massage prior to each session.
- Explain procedures and applies Sweedish massage techniques appropriate to client needs and preferences.
- Perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providence mission and philosophy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school of massage.
- Current Massage Therapy licensure through the State of California.
- Knowledge of currently accepted massage therapy theory and practice, and associated legal and ethical issues.
- Ability to adapt massage therapies to the unique needs of the clients.
- Ability to establish therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Ability to read and write therapy notes, reports, clinical notes, and communications to and from other team members as necessary.
- Solid communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use computerized communication, billing and e-mail software programs.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology Massage Certification
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) Certification/Training
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years.
Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Req ID: 144058