- Minimum of five years recent nursing experience required.
- Minimum of two years of experience to include the following: oversee the work of a group of people, hire, fire, assign work, orient, train, evaluate, discipline, coach/mentor and/or negotiate and interpret conflicts and influence outcomes on matters of significance OR four years of experience to include the majority of the following: serve as a technical expert for a group of employees, regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Flexibility and dedication to team environment required.
- Ability to lead and develop teams required.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction and priorities required.
- Well-ordered approach to problem solving required.
- Positive interpersonal/behavioral skills required.
- Experience with patient care equipment, telecommunication equipment, information systems, general patient care supplies, transport equipment, office equipment/supplies, and audio-visual equipment required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior leadership or management experience preferred.
- Depending on position, experience in one or more specialty area(s) for unit served including perioperative, oncology, cardiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, adult critical care, neurology, neurosurgery, burn, wound/ostomy, Hyperbaric Oxygen Program (HBO), blood and marrow transplant, obstetrics, and aesthetics preferred.
- Master's degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.