The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for the effective and efficient management and administration of Golden Valley Health Centers. Works in collaboration with Executive and Senior Leadership team to develop/review and implement operational improvements, which emphasize cost containment and high quality patient care. Provides leadership and direction to all health center locations and departments, with direct responsibility for the following areas: Quality Improvement, Facilities Management, and Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Assist department directors’ in seeking new grant funding as approved by the CEO.
- The Chief Operating Officer contributes to executive decision making, including: hiring, corrective action and termination decisions, performance evaluation and monitoring, coaching and development, training, and professional development.
- Direct the implementation of new programs, staff functions and redesign systems that will improve productivity, enhance patient care outcomes, decrease costs and improve patient satisfaction.
- Act as the resource person for the Board of Directors and management on operation matters.
- Responsible for the preparation of all internal and external records and reports as required by the Board of Directors and CEO.
- Work with the Chief Human Resources Officer in maintaining adequate staffing and training for all departments at all sites.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer in the development of the organization’s annual budget.
- Evaluate health center operations, including clinical and administrative functions in coordination with the Leadership team, CMO and DON.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE: Experience in leadership and team building. SKILLS: Strong facilitation skills, critical thinking skills including problem solving ability. Strong project management skills with proven ability to establish goals, timelines and actions plans as well as follow-through. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong conflict resolution skills. Strong computer skills. ABILITY TO: Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to pounds 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit at a desk or computer terminal for 8 hours daily. Work inside and outside including traveling between sites. Must have high manual dexterity.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor degree required in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field. Master’s degree in related field preferred. Five to eight (5-8) years’ experience in health care management including two (2) years’ experience in a health center environment. Bilingual preferred. Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance.