CONSULTANT PHYSICIAN - EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Job Number: 00119748
Job Posting: Feb 7, 2017, 4:01:41 PM
Closing Date: Feb 22, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time
Collective Bargaining Unit: None Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
LOCATION: JOHN H STROGER JR HOSPITAL
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address: MDRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Consultant Physician provides high quality Emergency Medicine care for patients presented to the Emergency Department, effective supervision for all medical staff on duty in assigned areas, and to provide guidance and teaching for house staff, physician assistants and students rotating through the department. Responsible for all medical staff actions and all patients seen in assigned areas while on duty. Additionally, perform non-clinical functions as assigned by Chairperson and/or Divisional Director, usually in the areas of Research, Education, Toxicology or Administration.
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited American or Canadian Medical School
- Board certified or Board eligible in Emergency Medicine at the anticipated start date
- Completion of an American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) accredited Emergency Medicine residency program by the anticipated start date
- Must be licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Available to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple patients simultaneously
- Thorough knowledge of emergency Medicine practice and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and patient relation skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to supervise , direct, and review activities of students, residents and physician extenders
- Ability to make fast paced/accurate medical judgments
- Ability to work well with nursing, ancillary and consulting staff
When applying for employment with Cook County Health & Hospitals System preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service, who was not dishonorably discharged.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION.
- IDENTIFY AS A VETERAN ON THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BY ANSWERING YES TO THE QUESTION Are you a Military Veteran?
- ATTACH A COPY OF THE VETERANS DD214, DD215 or NGB 22(NOTICE OF SEPARATION) AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DD 214S, 215S, OR NGB 22S, PLEASE SUBMIT THE ONE WITH THE LATEST DATE. COAST GUARD MUST SUBMIT A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE MILITARY SEPARATION FROM EITHER THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (BEFORE 911) OR THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (AFTER 911).
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER