The Family and Child Health Administration (FCH) is a division comprising of the Bureau of School Health (BSH), the Bureau of Maternal Infant & Reproductive Health (BMIRH), the Bureau of Early intervention (BEI) and FCH Administration. BSH promotes the health of the 1.3 million school children enrolled in approximately 1,800 public and non-public schools in New York City. Services to students include management of chronic health problems, preventive health screenings, urgent care, medication administration, preventive counseling and health education. The BSH School Mental Health Program manages, among other programs, enhanced mental health services for the Community School Model, High Suspension Schools, School Mental Health Consultant Program, and School Based Mental Health Clinics programs at all school levels.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
Under the direction of the School Mental Health Services Implementation Manager and in close collaboration with the Director of School Mental Health Services, the School Mental Health Data Manager will work closely with other team members, and will be involved in all aspects of data collection and data management for the multi-projects, including but not limited to the following:
• Assist with managing all data collection and data entry for School Mental Health programs.
• Assist the School Mental Health Services Implementation Manager to master the current web-based data collection system, and collaborate with OSH Informational Technology (IT) Department in the development of a new data management system(s) for the School Mental Health program.
• Contribute to the ongoing development and technical assistance to improvement the use of all data tools, rubrics and data collection system input.
• Develop and contributes to implement systematic data quality reviews.
• Data cleaning and merging to prepare analytic datasets for analyses and reporting.
• Perform basic to advanced descriptive and inferential statistical procedures, depending on analytic and reporting needs.
• Respond to requests for data from the School Mental Health unit, Bureau, Division and Agency leadership.
• Prepare and maintain a variety of data reports on the School Mental Health program.
Minimum Qual Requirements:
A master's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health..
• Graduate degree in public health or related field
• Experience managing large complex and/or longitudinal data sets
• Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience developing web-based data collection and management systems
• Experience coordinating data collection and data entry
• Experience merging, cleaning and managing large databases
• Advanced knowledge of and proficiency in SAS, Excel and Access
• Experience analyzing data using descriptive and inferential statistics
• Excellent analytical, writing and oral communication skills with strong presentation skills
• Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health desired
• Ability to work cooperatively with program staff and IT
• Creative and well organized, with good follow through.
| || |
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/
In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID # 267386.