The Director – System Risk Management at Bronson Healthcare represents an opportunity to join a premier healthcare system and a national leader in healthcare quality. This important system leadership role will support the organization’s mission of providing the best possible care to its patients, by directing risk and safety management activities throughout this highly-respected health system.
- Bronson is locally governed and is the leading healthcare system in Southwest Michigan, not only in terms of quality and market share, but also in the hearts and minds of the communities it serves.
- With a workforce of more than 7,800 and operating revenues of $900 million, Bronson is a major economic engine in Southwest Michigan and is the area’s largest employer.
- Located midway between Chicago and Detroit, Kalamazoo is a thriving community of more than 238,000 people, and a leader in both economic development and educational initiatives in healthcare-related fields.
- Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, this Director will provide oversight for risk management activities at Bronson Methodist, Bronson Battle Creek, Bronson LakeView Hospital, as well as Bronson’s myriad physician, outpatient, and other ambulatory locations. In addition, this Director will be responsible for organizing and directing the same activities for Bronson’s new partner, South Haven Health System, in January 2017.
- The Director is responsible for risk and safety management activities, which include coordinating insurance coverage and risk financing, reviewing and formulating risk related policies and organizational changes, and managing claims.
- This Director will interface with plaintiff and defense legal counsel, administer the risk management program on day-to-day basis, manage and analyze risk management data, conduct risk management education programs and comply with the recommendations, guidelines and standards of regulatory agencies, all with the objective of controlling and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the Bronson system.
- This candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- This professional will possess demonstrated experience leading risk management services within a reasonably comparable hospital/health system setting.
This opportunity is being presented by Brad Veal, Senior Consultant, Gallagher MSA Search. For additional information, or those wishing to share referrals, contact Patricia McCollum, Senior Recruiter, at email@example.com