The Director of Certification and Online Learning oversees the Certified Tissue Bank Specialist (CTBS) program, including the examination and recertification processes. He/she also oversees the maintenance of all certification records.
The Director of Certification and Online Learning also leads the development and implementation new asynchronous professional development opportunities that are timely and focused on member needs.
As a member of the AATB staff, the Director of Certification and Online Learning responsibilities include:
- Attends meetings of the entire AATB staff as convened by the President and CEO.
- Attends team meetings convened by the Vice President of Professional Development.
- Supports the Board of Governors as assigned.
- Participates in an annual performance planning process developing goals and metrics for the position to be evaluated by the Vice President of Professional Development on an annual basis.
- Contributes to and implements AATB’s Strategic Plan and Annual Plan of Work as assigned.
Specific Position Responsibilities
The Director of Certification and Online Learning is accountable for the following individual responsibilities of the position:
- Develops online training programs with input from the AATB Education Committee.
- Collaborates with partner organizations on co-developing educational content for AATB’s Education Portal.
- Manages the development and execution of the CTBS Exam Prep Webinar Course and AATB monthly Webinar Series.
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts, volunteers, and internal teams for content review and development.
- Evaluate and modify existing materials and develop new materials to support learning programs (study guides, etc.).
- Serves as the staff liaison to the American Board of Tissue Banking (ABTB) and the Education Committee.
- Oversee CTBS Exam candidate eligibility, placement, registration, and identity verification.
- Coordinates with the Vice President of Program Development to set up main exam location; secure additional exam locations, if necessary; and coordinates the arrangements of all alternate exam locations with the off-site sponsors.
- Secures chief and assistant proctors for all exam sites.
- Works with AATB’s Psychometrician to distribute exam results.
- Works with Director of IT and Membership to ensure certification records are accurate in the database.
- Works with the ABTB and Education Committee Chairs to organize meetings, agendas, and communication with members, as well as manage meeting minutes.
Line of Communication and Accountability
The Director of Certification and Online Learning reports to the Vice President of Professional Development. He/she serves as the principal liaison to the American Board of Tissue Banking (ABTB) and the Education Committee.
Evaluation and Review Process
The effectiveness of the Director of Certification and Online Learning shall be evaluated annually in a performance review with his/her supervisor. He/she shall complete an annual performance plan with goals and metrics for the position to be assessed by his/her supervisor in the annual review. Decisions of compensation are ordinarily reviewed annually. AATB is an at-will employer within the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.