St. Peters Health Partners is seeking an additional Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation physician for Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital for summer 2017 placement. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly respected and nationally recognized team of caregivers at a state of the art facility. Enjoy excellent colleagues, strong system practice support, and a physician friendly environment.
Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, founded in 1928, is a 115-bed hospital specializing in physical rehabilitation. Every year, more than 15,000 individuals come to Sunnyview from across the Capital Region of New York State and beyond. Each one has a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, therapists and specialists ... all focused on one goal ... taking back what was stolen by a stroke, traumatic injury or disabling illness. Sunnyview offers program in neuro-rehab, spinal cord injury, brain injury, ventilator weaning programs, aquatic therapy, orthopedic rehab, hearing services, cardiopulmonary rehab, and wellness programs.
Sunnyview is CARF accredited, the only CARF accredited program in the region. We have enjoyed continuous accreditation for 30 years. Our team of PM&R physicians are part of a multidisciplinary team that provides treatment right onsite at the hospital. It includes physicians, advanced practitioners, therapists, and certified professionals in several areas.
This position will provide inpatient acute rehab care for patients following orthopedic injuries, amputation, and stroke- and provide outpatient follow up for these populations. Additionally the physician will to perform EMGs and treat routine outpatients with musculoskeletal issues like lower back and/or neck pain, and myofascial pain.
Find out more and apply online at www.sphp.com
This opportunity is not accepting J1 or H1B visa candidates.
Applicants should have the following:
- Board Certified/Eligible in Physical Medicine & Rehab
- 2-5 years of experience is preferred. New and recent residency graduates are encouraged to apply
- Applicants should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented
RECRUITMENT PACKAGE: St. Peter’s Health Partners offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
- Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
- CME time & expense allowance
- Paid time away from the practice
- 2 part retirement savings program with employer matching program
- Relocation assistance is available
- Starting bonus may be available
COMMUNITY DESCRIPTION: Discover an excellent work/life balance in NY’s Capital District- a medium sized area offering all the amenities of a larger urban area in a beautiful, scenic, and affordable setting. A stable economic setting; we have a strong and expanding presence in healthcare of every type, in higher education, and enjoy a unique position as the capital of the Empire State. The Capital District includes the cities of Albany, Schenectady, and Troy- and the surrounding area includes Clifton Park and Saratoga Springs. The region has excellent year-round outdoor recreation available, including excellent golf, water-sports of all kinds, camping, hiking, and great skiing. It offers a wealth of cultural offerings and activities, including several renowned museums (the Albany Institute of History and Art, The NY State Museum), theaters (Proctor’s, The Palace) fine dining, and a year-round events calendar full with music and sporting events (The Times Union Center & Saratoga Performing Arts Center.) Excellent public and private schools are available, as are affordable homes and reasonable taxes. Higher education opportunities abound in our region with nearly 30 colleges and universities in the region and we are part of NY’s Tech Valley.
- To the North: the largest state park in the nation: The Adirondacks: world renowned for hiking, skiing, camping, boating, and countless scenic vistas
- To the East: Vermont and the beautiful Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts
- To the South: the historic and amazing Catskill Mountains, home to excellent skiing, camping, great fly-fishing, and hiking locations
- To the West, the beautiful Mohawk Valley & Central Leatherstocking Regions, home to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown
- Albany is centrally located: New York City: 2.5 hrs. Boston: 3 hrs. Montreal: 3.5 hrs.
- Albany is easily accessed via the NYS Thruway, Albany International Airport, and Amtrak
Come find out why Forbes Magazine lists Albany as one of “America’s Best Places for Business and Careers”, and one of “America’s Best Places to Raise a Family” and why Brookings has described Albany as one of its “Strongest Performing Metro Areas,” why Portfolio.com calls Albany one of its “Best Markets for Young Adults,” and U.S. News & World Report ranks Albany as one of its “Best Places to Live” in the nation. And Livability.com calls Albany one of its Best Cities for Entrepreneurs for 2016.
Find out more at: www.albany.org, www.albany.com, www.capitalregionchamber.com, www.techvalley.com, www.renscochamber.com, www.visittroyny.com, www.saratoga.com.