The position ensures the development of the global brand positioning and execution of the global brand plan with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful achievement of the P&L. It involves collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure consistency in brand messaging, assist with go-to market strategies, prioritization of markets and life cycle planning. In addition, this position will also provide support to develop and execute strategic and brand planning activities for global markets, market research, sales analytics, forecast and budget tracking. A key function of this role is partnership with regional commercial operations to support their marketing needs, ensure consistency in brand messaging, compliance in promotional activities and gather insights to improve or create new marketing programs.
· Lead significant collaboration with internal and external partners particularly Medical Affairs, Health Economics, Clinical & Regulatory as well as outside agencies to translate relevant clinical and economic trends into commercial strategies
· Lead and execute life cycle planning and prioritization of markets for geo-expansion
· Monitor short and long-term market trends that impact brand and continuously identify opportunities and gaps to feed into the strategic brand plans
· Drive appropriate market research or advisory boards to close knowledge gaps, inform strategic direction, anticipate customer needs and take action to meet them in advance
· Participation within Global Brand Strategy Teams
· Develop/validate a differentiated and market research-based brand positioning that supports strategy and priority segments
· Develop key brand messages and global creative expression and branding
· Implement strategic direction by providing marketing support for Flucelvax through generation of core materials/activities, such as product monographs, publication plans and symposia.
· Strong accountability for developing relationships with key internal functions, including Regional Operational Marketing, R&D, Legal, Finance, Regulatory and Business Development.
· Provide input into global forecasting activities in alignment with overall business objectives
· Responsible for a global marketing budget – Works within the developed and agreed budget.
· Interact with key internal stakeholders to ensure global strategies and tactics are linked to achievement of critical business objectives.
· In collaboration with Medical Affairs, provide input into global congress execution, partnering with the local team around booth development and logistics, key customer events, symposium, product presentations, etc.
· Coordination and collaboration with global supply chain.
· Tracking and follow-up of life-cycle management projects
· Anticipation to any change to committed plans. Assessment of potential impacts. Analysis of alternative solutions/actions.
· Contribute in the development and execution of portfolio-based programs
· Identify new growth opportunities and programs, propose “big ideas” to be discussed with the broader team
· Develop overall portfolio positioning alignment and ensure consistent global expression of it
· Optimizing synergies and avoiding redundancies across the global organization
· Participation in annual planning process (forecasting, brand planning)
· Lead analytics and analyses on product growth, trends and pricing
· Present regularly to commercial senior leadership
· Bachelor’s Degree required at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
· At least 7 years working experience in commercial in the pharmaceutical industry
· At least 5 years working on a brand team or within global marketing
· Vaccine marketing experience preferred
· Prior global product launch experience an advantage
· Experience in leading a multi-functional team within an indirect reporting structure