The Thought Leader Liaison, Rheumatology role is a field-based, non-sales focused position, working closely with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) U.S Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to ensure cross-functional commercial resources are made available as appropriate. The three primary areas of focus, but not limited to these four, for a TLL are RA KOL engagement, executive encounters management, and liaising with marketing. All TLL interactions are always within label, and consistent with commercial compliance, legal and regulatory guidelines.
A TLL will work closely, and within approved SOPs, with the other field professionals, including but not limited to RBDs (Regional Business Director), ABMs (Area Business Manager) in addition to home office based colleagues in Marketing, Medical Affairs, Sales, and Market Access. The behaviors that are critical for success are collaboration, communication, planning, relationship building, and the ability to execute tactical initiatives and provide timely feedback. TLLs will report to the (Sr.) Director Thought Leader Liaison (DTLL).
The TLL job responsibilities are focused primarily on three key areas.
- Aligning with cross functional account plans & teams, the TLL orchestrates resources with the top 10%-15% of KOLs , as assigned by the (Sr.) DTLL
- Identify, profile, cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with KOLs within the RA community
- Conduct substantial business on-label conversations focused on topics; such as product, disease state, and company, at appropriate venues, in and outside the office setting
- Executing unique, on label, and approved KOL programming; such as disease state and product programming, as directed by leadership
- A TLL is expected to compliantly collaborate and communicate with the field commercial team on each assigned KOL, to ensure strategic and tactical cohesiveness
- Single point of contact to resolve KOL issues when directed, by the (Sr.) DTLL and/or Headquarters
- Execute a customer centric needs based approach with targeted KOLs
- Assisting with on-label KOL development, including speakers, with approved decks and materials
Orchestrates KOL Executive Encounters and Engagement
- Plan and execute KOL engagements and executive encounters at local, regional and nationals conferences, POAs, in field engagements, and other venues as directed in a complaint manner
- Act as a liaison between KOLs and home office cross-functional teams
- Work with targeted KOLs to obtain feedback on new RA Franchise and Brand-related marketing strategies/materials. All materials and programs a TLL will request feedback will be approved by legal, compliance and regulatory.
- Provide feedback to commercial leadership on various topics as requested
- Become the single point of contact for high volume speaker logistic/scheduling and working cross functionally to ensure appropriate communication
- Provide advisory board participant recommendations
- Provide speaker recommendations to marketing when requested
- Assist in the execution of commercial contracts when requested
- Bachelor's degree
- RA or Rheumatology experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Launch experience preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
- Biologics experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- A minimum of five years of work experience in one or more of the following: field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the same or related therapeutic area within the pharmaceutical / biotech industry
- Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management experience, including superior analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to execute against strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary
- Valid driver's license
- Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory, or within a reasonable distance as determined by the (Sr.)DTLL
- ~ 60% - 80% travel likely; could be less based on geography
- Work within label, and regulatory and legal compliance guidelines
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.