A New Day at Alameda Health System
Since 1864 our organization has served the health care needs of the East Bay. The organization has been a vital community asset, which embodies a core mission of “Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All.” The heart of our mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of residents of the diverse communities of Alameda County. We are an organization that continues to adapt and transform. We do so to promote wellness and provide top-quality health care to our growing and diverse community.
Chief Information Officer
Alameda Health System (AHS) is leading the way for healthcare, wellness and preventive care for all through nine distinct healthcare facilities. We are embarking on a transformation to a new model of outpatient, primary and preventive care. Achieving our goals will mean delivering better health outcomes for the community we serve.
As the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for AHS, you will lead the strategic direction and the tactical functions of information services for our dynamic, world-class health system. As an Executive Leader, you will be the champion during a significant change period for AHS as we embark on the implementation process for our Electronic Health Record system. In addition to overseeing this large-scale implementation initiative, you will also develop and lead the broader information services activities. In order to achieve these ambitious goals, you will optimize teams, create processes and procedures and inspire employees to deliver on our immediate and long-term goals.
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems Technology or a similar course of study; a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Organizational Development is preferred
· At least seven years of leadership experience in clinical administration within an Information Technology environment
· Experience leading the implementation of an Electronic Health Record across multiple locations
· Leadership experience in organizational efficiency, performance improvement, quality and patient access, and infrastructure development
· Experience with Epic or Cerner systems is preferred
· Experience within a large, complex healthcare environment including multiple facility types (e.g., ambulatory, acute care, skilled nursing, or behavioral health) is preferred
· Experience working in a unionized setting is preferred
This is a unique opportunity to make a lasting, positive impact on a long-standing and recognized healthcare system. To express your interest in this opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our careers page: www.alamedahealthsystem.org/for-health-professionals/
We are an equal opportunity employer.