Come join our team! In this role, you'll be fulfilling the responsibilities of a Collector, handling medical collecting and billing. This is a full time position, typically working Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm, and is eligible for the following benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid floating holidays
- Paid sick
At Alliance Interventional, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Patients choose Alliance Interventional because of our experienced healthcare team and minimally invasive approach to pain management resulting in cost-effective treatments with less trauma and pain, and a faster recovery time.
The A/R Collector is responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generates daily aging reports in a timely manner.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Make daily collection calls.
- Conduct account research and analysis.
- Prepare and maintain various reports.
- Maintain an accurate aging reports Process appeals.
- Process appeals.
- Prepare paper claims (CMS-1500) and electronic claims submission to the Insurance carriers.
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments.
- Interact with insurance carriers/customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Issues Ensure HIPM is not violated - keeping patient Information confidential.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) years A/R and Collection preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, CD-9, and ICD 10 Coding and ability to follow coding guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party billing guidelines.
- Ability to read EOBs, Remittance Advice and identify denial codes.
- Ability to submit appeals with supportive medical documentation.
- Communicate effectively with Insurance carriers for reimbursement issues (benefits, adjustments, reviews and authorizations).
- Proficient utilizing Microsoft Office suite of products.